Not many people know this about me, but growing up, one of my dream jobs was to be a librarian. I am obsessed with books! One of my favorite memories growing up was stopping by the local library in Arlington, Massachusetts after school, picking a book and reading the first few chapters at the library before checking it out, and heading home to read some more.
There was something so special and magical about that atmosphere; the smell of books, the silence, the quiet whispers just loud enough to bring comfort without interrupting my train of thought. It was my happy place.
So it’s no surpise that in this challenging time of uncertainty and discomfort, I’ve been reading – a lot.
I thought I’d share some of the titles that I’m either in the middle of reading or ones I have already read and highly recommend. The first five titles are self development/personal growth books and the remaining five are fictional novels.
I hope you’ll pick up one or two of these and will enjoy them as much as I have. Please also comment below on any thoughts or recommendations that you have.
- The 5 Second Rule by Mel Robbins
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey
- Good To Great by Jim Collins
- Blink by Malcolm Gladwell
- You Learn By Living by Eleanor Roosevelt
- Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
- Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout
- The Canterbury Tales by Geoffrey Chaucer
- Still Alice by Lisa Genova
- The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
Stay safe and well!